The University offers grants to the General Secondary School students according to the following criteria:
- The top five students in the country are offered a full grant;
- Students who achieve a grade average of 95% or above in the General Secondary School, in either the literary or scientific streams, are offered a grant that is equivalent to a 40% discount of the fees for the credit hours they register for at AAU;
- Students who achieve a grade average of between 90% and 94.9% in the General Secondary School, in either the literary or scientific streams, are offered a grant equivalent to a 30% discount of the credit hour fees.
- For the continuation of a grant, the student’s Accumulative Grade Average in each academic semester should not be less than 3.6, and the student must register for at least 15 credit hours.
The university offers ‘excellence grants’ that are equivalent to 30% of the credit hour fees to any student whose general grade point average in a semester is not less than 3.6, with the condition that he/she has completed 15 credit hours in that semester.
The University offers grants for one academic semester to students with excellence in sports as follows:
- 30% to those who receive Gold Medals;
- 20% to those who receive Silver Medals;
- 10% to those who receive Bronze Medals.
The university offers grants for one semester for students who distinguish themselves in cultural and social activities. The Fund Committee shall assess the amount of such a reward on a case-by-case basis.