- AAU does not recruit through recruitment agencies, and shall never ask for any payments related but not limited to visa, recruitment, travel expenses etc.
- All the recruitment offers are sent through official HR Email ID (firstname.lastname@example.org), AAU shall bear no responsibility of the offers sent through IDs other than the mentioned Email ID.
Assistant / Associate Professor in Advertising
Reference Number: 029
The College seeks a dynamic, creative and collaborative faculty member to guide and inspire Advertising major. Candidates must also have evident potential in providing quality teaching at undergraduate level.
A Ph.D. is required with relevant practical experience in Advertising, An MA holder with high professional experience in Advertising could be considered for the position. Candidates for this position should have a mixed previous academic and professional experiences, with scholarly or creative activities in the area of emphasis. Candidates are expected to be effective and have the ability to teach undergraduate students in both Arabic and English Languages, and willing to engage in efforts to serve the community.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the ability:
- To lead teaching, curriculum development, and course management supporting the College’s activities in advertising studies.
- To engage actively in research/scholarly activity.
- To undertake projects at course / college level focused on enhancing student practical experience.
- May be required to mentor colleagues with less experience; co-ordinate the work of other to ensure effective teaching delivery; supervise administrative and professional staff.
- To participate in the community engagement activities to serve the community.
- To ensure that the teaching is informed by contemporary research in the relevant field and develops the ability of students to engage in debate, critical discourse and rational thinking.
- To ensure that students have an effective learning experience by providing high quality academic guidance and advice, which enhances their employability.
- To undertake work with a range of external partners and professional bodies/agencies in the UAE and overseas.
- To reflect critically on teaching practice, implement improvements, disseminate good practice effectively to others, and contribute to quality monitoring and enhancement and to professional accreditation processes as required.
- To work effectively as a team member, chairing committees and working groups, and where appropriate supervising or mentoring other members of staff.
- To demonstrate innovative approaches to teaching and support for students through the use of a wide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
The successful candidate will have:
- Evidence of sound full-time teaching experience with an appropriate scholarly record at the assistant/associate professor level in higher education.
- Demonstrate a good practical experience of working in the field of advertising industry for at least 5 years.
- Bilingual Arabic and English (Special emphasis in the ability to teach in both languages)
- Evidence of excellence in research.
- Experience serving diverse communities or groups traditionally under-represented in academia.
- Active participation in professional organizations or associations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be academically prepared and professionally qualified to teach advertising, advertising campaign strategies, case studies and all advertising courses at the undergraduate levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in advertising new technologies and production programs.
- A good knowledge of advertising strategies including budgeting, strategic planning, and addressing human resource issues.
- High ability to create and design advertisements and Familiar with software and programs for tasks like data visualization, print, radio, television and digital advertising.
- Professional in digital Photography and editing video and photos.
- Creative abilities to generate new and engaging campaign ideas.